Please note after March 30th your vehicle does not need the MOT test carrying out, DVSA have granted all cars, vans and motorbikes a 6 month extension to the expiry date. This will help if you are self-isolating or following the Government guidelines and remaining in your house and using your vehicle as little as possible.
After consulting with staff we are operating at reduced capacity and will be clearing our outstanding jobs we have in whilst practicing safe working, during this time we will continue to provide a service for our customers carrying out essential repairs only so please bear this in mind when deciding if your vehicle repair is urgent.
If you do need your vehicle for essential travel i.e. work, attending to isolated friends or relatives, medical appointments etc. and do require it coming to the garage please follow our guidelines below to aim for zero personnel contact as follows;
- Let us have all your details and discuss the work to be carried over the phone not when you drop it off, or via email.
- Advise your payment method in advance ideally contactless i.e. bank transfer, PayPal, card, we would prefer not to take cash.
- Remove any unnecessary items from your vehicle and separate the key if on a bunch.
- The reception will be locked please use the door to the left into the showroom we have desk set up end ways on to maintain the 2 meters / 6 feet or more between us
- Disposable gloves are on the showroom drop off desk please use a pair before handing over keys etc.
- We respectfully ask anyone who shows any signs of illness to stay at home.
- We use seat covers, floor mats, steering wheel wrap and cover the gear stick and handbrake, disposable gloves are worn by any of our staff inside a customer’s car as well as regular, thorough hand washing.
- Although MOT’s have the 6 month extension you can still have it done should you wish, you can book online it links directly with our electronic diary so you can pick your slot without having to ring us. see nicholsonmotors.co.uk – ‘Book Mot’ tab
- If you decide to wait please bear in mind the showroom is not as warm as the reception so you may need your coat!
- Remember if you are self-isolating, we can collect / deliver.
Keep safe and wishing everyone the best at these trying times.
Nicholson Motors is an independent garage established in 1987 who value and look after our customers.
We offer premium garage facilities in clean well equipped workshops, our vehicle technicians undertake regular training with industry leading providers like Bosch amongst others to maintain the skill set required to work on complex modern vehicles and continually invest in new equipment as required.
Our services include the following plus more; MOT Testing, Repairs and Servicing for both Cars and Motorbikes, Various specialist equipment inc. Bosch, PicoScope and much more to provide; Air-Conditioning Service inc the later R1234yf Gas, Repairs, Specialist Leak Tracing and In-House Air-Con Pipe making, 4 Wheel Alignment using 3D imaging with HD Cameras for Full Suspension Geometry including ADAS Systems, Basic 4 Wheel Laser Tracking, TPMS Repairs, New Tyres, Nitrogen Inflation, Pro-Cut Brake Disc Skimming, AdBlue and DEF Faults, DPF / EGR Cleaning and Repairs (not removal) Injector Bench Testing, Vehicle Recovery /Delivery, Used Car Sales sold with Warranty and Licensed Credit facilities to provide Finance.
If your vehicle is still under the Manufacturer’s Warranty period with us carrying out the Servicing to the stipulated schedule it will not in validate the Warranty. On-Line Digital Service Records (DSR)updated on the Vehicle Manufacturers Portal if required (no service book).
We specialise in Auto Electrics and Advanced Diagnostics with Accredited Security access to various Vehicle Manufacturer Technical Information Portals using Genuine Vehicle Manufacturer Diagnostic Equipment allowing us to carry out On-Line Coding, Programming and Software Updates.
We are Retail Motor Industry (RMi) and Trust My Garage (TMG) members working to an Approved Code regulated by the Government run Trading Standards Institute (TSi) scheme.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
T: 01724 711410
Regular servicing, according to manufacturer’s recommendations, prolongs the life of your vehicle
We use the latest diagnostic equipment to aid us in our fault finding including Autologic, Bosch and Dealer Tools.
Full MOT testing by our highly qualified staff ensures your peace of mind, and complete compliance with current law
WHEELS & TYRES
We offer a full tyre service to include replacement tyres, puncture repairs and wheel balancing
It is vital these systems undergo regular servicing by professionals like us who have the up-to-date knowledge and technical equipment to service and repair them.
We recommend an A/C system service every 24,000 miles or 2 years including changing the pollen filter
For our recovery service we use a purpose built 7 seat Renault Mascott tilt slide recovery truck with a payload of 4000Kg so all vehicles including passengers can be catered for.