We offer an advanced level of diagnostics often only available at the franchised dealer, we are able to undertake repairs to extinguish ANY dashboard service or fault lights you may have including Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Engine Management, (SRS) Airbag, (ABS) Brake & Stability Systems, Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) etc.
Modern vehicles are complex to say the least loaded with Electronic Control Units (ECU’s) or modules (ECM’s) it’s not uncommon for even older cars to have upwards of 30 different modules not just controlling the engine and safety systems but comfort and convenience modules including Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC), entertainment, central locking etc. all these systems are linked in a network so they are able to digitally ‘talk’ to each other. Problems with the systems involve an understanding of how they operate which is why we undertake various training courses to enable our technicians to have the necessary information of how they operate to aid us in repairing the problem.
A general diagnostic tool will ‘code read’ these modules but is becoming more essential to have the correct or manufacturer dedicated tool to be able to go more in depth to configure, program and importantly nowadays to flash the modules with the latest software version – in case the problem with the vehicle is just that it requires a software update.
We have invested heavily in the latest equipment including dealer tools to carry out the above, see the list below of some of the tools we have at our disposal and what we use them on;
- VAG ODIS – Manufacturer diagnostic tool for Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bentley & Lamborghini, when using this tool to carry out coding or a software update on your vehicle it connects directly with the manufacturer’s server in Germany just the same as the main dealer would do.
- BMW ISTA – Manufacturer diagnostic tool for BMW & Mini again connects directly with the manufacturer’s server in Germany to perform electronic modules Coding, Programming & Software Updates
- TECH2 – Manufacturer diagnostic tool for GM; Vauxhall, Saab, Isuzu & Suzuki covers all diagnostic jobs on the vehicle including programming.
- IDS – Manufacturer diagnostic tool for Ford, Jaguar, Land Rover & Mazda covering all diagnostic jobs including programming, key coding, etc.
- PORSCHE PIWIS – Manufacturer diagnostic tool covering all models up to 2012
- HONDA HDS – Manufacturer diagnostic tool for Honda
- TOYOTA TECHSTREAM – Manufacturer diagnostic tool for Toyota & Lexus
- NISSAN CONSULT 3 – Manufacturer diagnostic tool for Nissan
- AUTOLOGIC – Advanced diagnostic tool for coding, configuring, adding keys etc., on Audi, BMW, Citroen, Dacia, Land Rover / Range Rover, Mercedes, Peugeot, Renault, Seat, Skoda & Volkswagen.
- BOSCH KTS560 – General diagnostic scan tool including Electronic Service Information
- G-SCAN – General diagnostic scan tool mainly covering Japanese & Asian vehicles.
- AUTOCOM – General diagnostic scan tool covering multiple manufacturers.
- PICO 4000 Series – 4 Channel PC based oscilloscope for in depth electrical fault finding
- BOSCH FSA740 – Advanced PC based diagnostic engine analyser with 2 channel oscilloscope with signal generator and full ignition test diagnostic machine.
- ATEQ – Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Diagnostic equipment covering every manufacturers TPMS system fitted to all vehicles on the road today
- REDLINE SMOKE PRO – Specialist equipment for generating smoke at low pressure for testing and tracing air leaks in petrol induction systems, diesel vacuum systems etc.
- TUNAP – Specialist equipment for Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) chemical cleaning and products for cleaning internal engine / fuel components
- MITYVAC – Pressure and vacuum testing tools
- DELPHI – Diesel common rail test equipment
- BOSCH ESi, CARWEB – On-line technical and service information for all makes
- FLIR THERMAL IMAGING – High tech thermal imaging camera to help trace vehicle heat related problems from radiator related problems to battery drain issues!
If your vehicle engine warning light is illuminated, this could be an emissions related fault, you could be using more fuel and this in turn will cause long term damage to your catalytic converter which can be very expensive to repair.